- This event has passed.
Illinois Trusted Vendor Training
December 7, 2021 @ 11:00 am - 3:00 pm$175.00
Based in Chicago, IGTM Education was created to meet the needs of the rapidly developing regulated cannabis industry. IGTM Education is a Responsible Vendor approved by Illinois Department of Financial and Professional Regulations to provide Cannabis Education as well as provide dispensary agent training. You can find IGTM Education listed on the Illinois Department of Financial and Professional Regulations website by clicking here.
IGTM Education will provide a proof of completion certificate to all owners, managers, employees, and agents involved in the handling or sale of cannabis or cannabis-infused product employed by an adult use dispensing organization or medical cannabis dispensing organization as defined in Section 10 of the Compassionate Use of Medical Cannabis Pilot Program Act. The State Of Illinois will have access to all applicants who have completed training through our databaseIn a newly regulated market it is important that we are not only adhering to the laws but that people know that there is a safe way for cannabis to be distributed, consumed and/or dispensed. It is also a state requirement that any employee or owner takes minimum 4 hours of training each year. think it will also help dispel the negative connotation around cannabis.
What will the training cover?
If you are involved in the handling or sale of cannabis or cannabis-infused product employed by an Adult Use Dispensing Organization or Medical Cannabis Dispensing Organization as defined in Section 10 of the Compassionate Use of Medical Cannabis Pilot Program Act Shall Attend and Successfully Complete a Responsible Vendor Program.
- The training discusses the health and safety concerns of cannabis use, including the responsible use of cannabis, its physical effects, onset of physiological effects, recognizing signs of impairment, and appropriate responses in the event of overconsumption according to the rules set forth by the Illinois Department of Financial and Professional Regulation.
- The training includes the laws, rules, and penalties associated with the sale of cannabis to minors
- The training discusses quantity limitations on sales to purchasers and other relevant rules and laws associated with dispensing cannabis
- The training demonstrates acceptable forms of ID, including how to check identification and common mistakes made in verification
- The training discusses safe storage of cannabis
- The training discusses the state’s inventory traceability system and inventory taking processes
- The training discusses state laws and rules associated with waste handling, management, and disposal, including specifying that destruction shall always be done in clear view of a camera
- The training discusses health and safety standards
- The training discusses how to properly maintain records required by the Division;
- The training discusses security and surveillance requirements, including notifying trainees that the Division and Illinois State Police have 24-hour access to cameras in the dispensary
- The training includes a notification to trainees that the Division, the Illinois State Police, local law enforcement, and other state and local licensing and enforcement authorities are permitted to enter the dispensary
- The training discusses privacy issues related to purchasers, including purchasers who may be discussing medical issues
- The training discusses packaging and labeling requirements for sales to purchasers.
Looking for Employment within Illinois Cannabis Industry?
There will be numerous Dispensaries looking to hire Budtenders/Dispensary Agents as recreational sales began January 1st, 2020. Have Your Resume Stand Out From The Rest by taking the Mandatory State Certified Course Ahead of Time. You Will Receive a Dispensary Agent Training Certification Upon Completion of Course.
Already Employed within Illinois Cannabis Industry?
The license of a dispensing organization or medical cannabis dispensing organization whose Owners, Managers, Employees, or Agents fail to obtain certification may be Suspended or Revoked under Section 15-145 or may face other Disciplinary Action.
- The roster of students who have passed this course will be accessible by the Illinois Department of Financial and Professional Regulations.
- This Dispensary Agent Course is the ONLY ONE REQUIRED BY THE STATE OF ILLINOIS.